Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Zuckermann and the Better Business Bureau

I received an email from the Better Business Bureau updating me on my complaint against Zuckermann.  They report contacting the company on multiple occasions, but, to date still have not received a reply.  As a result, have closed my complaint as a "no response," which will be reported to the public for the next three years.  They have suggested I consider filing an online complaint with the Connecticut Attorney General's Office or with the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection. They also suggest I consider legal means.

My immediate response is to once again warn people about Zuckermann's business practices.  They cater to a niche market, so if one is inclined to build an early instrument, their designs are certainly going to need your consideration.  My only advice is to pounce on the kit as soon as it arrives and do a dry run immediately.  As soon as you know what is missing, you'll need to contact them ASAP and hound them for the missing parts.  They don't whine about little things that need to be supplied, but in my experience, they don't hurry to correct the problem.  In my case, it took them 10 months to send a small envelope of bridge pins that were not included.  If anything big is missing, be prepared for a battle.

I'll be back to the building fun in a day or two!  Stay tuned.